As the economic and social impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic continue to become more acute, there is an urgent need to reopen borders, remove travel restrictions and enable international travel to resume.With COVID vaccination programs starting to get underway IATA is focused on ensuring that vaccine roll-out supports an acceleration of restart. However, IATA anticipates that it is likely to be 6-12 months before vaccines are widely available to the general public.
The air travel environment is very safe; the multi-layered biosafety measures applied by the industry are highly effective such that the risks of transmission of the virus during travel are much lower than in most other settings including other activities that have restarted.
- Reconnecting the World: Developing Roadmaps for Recovery (pdf)
- EU Digital Green Certificate Proposal (pdf)
- Vaccines and Air Travel Position Paper (pdf) Vaccines and Air Travel Presentation (pdf)
- Vaccination and Aviation Workers Position Paper (pdf)
- Crew Testing Position Paper (pdf)
- Considerations on COVID-19 Testing (pdf)
- Considerations on Quarantine (pdf)
- Collection of Self-Declared Passenger Health Data (pdf)
- Restoring Confidence: Travel Insurance (pdf)