The New Experience Travel Technologies (NEXTT) initiative brings stakeholders together to build the air travel journey of the future.
IATA and Airports Council International (ACI) have launched the NEXTT vision with the goal to ensure the transport of passengers, baggage & cargo benefits from the latest technology developments to improve customer experience, reliability and efficiency.
NEXTT & COVID-19
Virtual Matchmaking event - 19 January 2022
- What's next with NEXTT, now and in the future?
- NEXTT Vision: From concept to implementation, during and post-COVID19: How can we use new travel technologies to rebuild back better from COVID-19.
- Discussing the impacts of COVID-19 on the NEXTT vision: What has changed and how can NEXTT help address current needs
- This latest paper explores the NEXTT vision in a post-COVID-19 world. Fundamentally, it explains that the COVID-19 pandemic and the impacts that it has had on travel, passenger trust and airport operations have further confirmed the validity of and the need for the concepts of NEXTT.
Download report (pdf)
Get a primer on the NEXTT vision with recorded webinars available for viewing at any time.
Introduction and building the case
- ACI and IATA's NEXTT Vision - Building the journey of the future: Introduction to the vision and how you can contribute.
- Industry-wide Cost Benefits: An initial exploration of the benefits and costs of NEXTT concepts to the aviation industry and consumers.
- NEXTT Emerging Themes: Off-airport Activities: Can we move physical and virtual processes off-airport to maximize convenience and alleviate pressure on airport facilities?
- NEXTT Emerging Themes: Advanced Processing: What should or should not be automated? What can machines do and what needs the human touch?
- NEXTT Emerging Themes: Interactive Decision Making: Better use of data can mean real-time responsiveness and can greatly improve safety, security & efficiency.
Putting NEXTT into practice
- Putting Strategy Into Practice: Case study examples of trials and proofs of concepts that have been conducted to progress the NEXTT vision.
- Designing for the Future: The impact that NEXTT will have on the design and capacity of airports.
In the news
JOIN THE DISCUSSION TO SHAPE THE NEXTT VISION!
- INFOCUS Safety and Security, pgs. 28-29 - Innovation in aviation security (Mar.)
- Tweet using #NEXTTjourney
- Join the NEXTT LinkedIn group to ask questions, share case studies and more
- E-mail us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about IATA and ACI's #NEXTTjourney, visit the NEXTT website.
- ITChannel - Studiu Amadeus – Airport 4.0 – transformarea digitală a aeroporturilor
- International Airport Review - BA’s state-of-the-art technology for the airport of the future
- Aviation Business - IATA showcases NEXTT vision at Global Media Day 2018
- CIO.com - Make your company’s data work harder for you
- Airport Business - ACI and IATA partner to build the next generation of travel experience with NEXTT
- International Airport Review - Aruba Airport is the NEXTT big thing for IATA and ACI
- AeroLatinNews - IATA and ACI present the NEXTT steps for the future of airports
- Livemint India - Artificial intelligence: Ready for take-off at an airport near you
- The Business Times – Fly me to the future
- tnooz - Finnair’s new AirPortr baggage pre-check service meets NEXTT principles