The Global Safety Risk Management Framework (GSRMF) supports the delivery of IATA’s three year Safety Strategy. The framework aims to become an internationally recognized repository of aviation hazards and safety risks to enable the prioritization and delivery of aviation safety improvement programs, for the benefit of reducing global accidents in aviation.
Safety Risk Management Dashboard
Tip: for best experience, we recommend you Enter Full Screen Mode through the option provided at the bottom right corner of the dashboard.
Contribute to the GSRMF
Members are encouraged to contribute to the GSRMF by sharing your identified issues.
New Safety Issues:
- Non-revenue flights
- Post maintenance check flights
- Incorrect altimeter setting error
- Certification of electric aircraft
- Large Height Deviations
Safety issues are complemented with associated generic risk assessments and guidance material. You can have access to these documents by participating in our Safety Connect initiative.
The introduction of a risk-based approach for the IOSA program complements the GSRMF. Safety issues with associated risk pictures will enhance the risk-based IOSA program by making it more targeted. The audits themselves will also gather de-identified operator risks to feed back into the framework.
Ensuring the continued confidentiality of contributors, the framework will be matured by the incorporation of anonymized and aggregated insights from IATA’s safety, security and operational data sharing program - Global Aviation Data Management (GADM) and through the Safety Issue Review Meetings.
The benefits of the GSRMF to members and the wider aviation community include:
- Generic assessments of airlines own risk assessments, for current and future safety issues, informing their safety management system
- One central resource for information and guidance material on safety issues
- Risk based, targeted safety improvement programs delivered by IATA to support the mitigation of safety risks
- IATA’s Operational Safety Audits enhanced with regional and sector risk pictures
Do not hesitate to contact us at SafetyRisk@iata.org for more information