IATA'S Engineering & Maintenance Group (EMG) develops policies, standards and recommendations for consideration by the IATA Safety, Flight and Ground Operations Advisory Council (SFGOAC). We develop and promote related IATA positions to ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), regulatory, industry and other relevant organizations.
Areas of activity
- All aspects of aircraft engineering and maintenance activities
- Airframe and component reliability and reduction of maintenance costs
- Airworthiness and regulatory Issues
- Engineering and maintenance requirements for the standardization of applicable new technology developments, including avionics
- Relevant human factors aspects and training
EMG composition and meetings
Participation as a voting member to the EMG is restricted to IATA member airlines only. The number of voting members is limited to 15. Additional representatives from IATA member airlines, non-IATA member airlines, Strategic Partners and Industry Stakeholders can attend and participate in the meetings as observers. Meetings are normally held twice a year.