Working Group Role and Mandate
The High Performing Airline Finance Organizations (HIPO) Working Group acts as an advisor to the Industry Financial Advisory Council, as well as to IATA Management on all matters relating to development of IATA Financial and Distribution Services, Industry Financial Advisory Council and Airline Finance as High Performing Organizations.
Areas of Activity
The HIPO Working Group advises the Industry Financial Advisory Council and IATA on the following key activities:
- Deliver vision, strategy, work streams and roadmap for High Performing Finance organizations, as embodied in the Financial Committee White Paper
- Realize HIPO vision to attract students and young graduates to airline finance
- Work to develop airline finance talent through internationally-recognized, global education programs
- As a basis for retention of talent in the airline industry, develop a strong and motivated industry community of talented aviation finance specialists
- Coordinate an airline finance professional community and activities supporting delivery of industry innovation with speed
- Establish the industry benchmarking for high performing airline finance enabling airline participants to achieve improvement
Composition and Meetings
- The HIPO Working Group is open to IATA member airlines only.
- The number of participants is limited to 15.
- Members are airline finance staff, nominated by the CFO or Finance Director of the airline.
- Members are appointed by the Industry Financial Advisory Council through its Steering Group, on the basis of their advanced expertise and knowledge in both airline industry HR and Finance matters and of their commitment to actively participate in the Working Group.
The group meets several times a year and has monthly conference calls.