The IATA Cargo Handling Consultative Council (ICHC), formerly COAG, connects airlines and ground handling agents. The ICHC reports to the Cargo Services Conference (CSC), and a dotted line to the Airport Services Association (ASA), to the Cargo Operations & Technology Board (COTB) and closely collaborates and provides updates to the Ground Operations Group (GOG). ICHC’s objective is to develop best-practices to address all aspects of cargo acceptance and handling.
The workgroup aims to:
- Include operations in cargo industry's initiatives, such as the e-Cargo program
- Integrate cargo operations in related IATA standards, like the Standard Ground Handling Agreement (SGHA)
- Improve IATA manuals linked to cargo operations, such as the Airport Handling Manual (AHM)
- Overlook the IATA training courses covering the acceptance, handling and uplifting of air cargo and mail
- Review the standards on cargo electronic messaging regarding cargo handling activities, such as Cargo-XML
- Streamline core cargo operations in the new IATA Cargo Handling Manual (ICHM)
Check the ICHC Terms of Reference (pdf)
Meetings are conducted by regular teleconferences. Face-to-face meetings will be held when required.
The ICHC consists of 16 members (8 airline members and 8 ground handling members), each being an expert in cargo operations, Cargo EDI messaging standards and mail operations.
Manager, Cargo & Mail Operations and Standards, IATA