The IATA Cargo Handling consultative Council (ICHC) has been established to bring together members from airlines and cargo handling agents to provide recommendations on cargo operations and handling. The ICHC's objective is to develop best-practice processes and procedures to address all aspect of cargo acceptance and handling.
ICHC's objective is to develop best-practices to address all aspects of cargo acceptance and handling:
- Include operations in cargo industry's initiatives, such as the e-Cargo program
- Integrate cargo operations in related IATA standards, like the Standard Ground Handling Agreement (SGHA) and the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Improve IATA manuals linked to cargo operations, such as the Airport Handling Manual (AHM)
- Overlook the IATA training courses covering the acceptance, handling and uplifting of air cargo and mail
- Review the standards on cargo electronic messaging regarding cargo handling activities, such as Cargo-XML
- On the authoring of the IATA Cargo Handling Manual (ICHM) and endorsement of amendments
Meetings are conducted by regular teleconferences. Face-to-face meetings are held when required.
The ICHC consists of 16 members (8 airline members and 8 ground handling members), each being an expert in cargo operations, Cargo EDI messaging standards and mail operations.
Manager, Cargo, Mail & e-Commerce Operations and Standards, IATA