The IOSA (IATA Operational Safety Audit) Oversight Council (IOC) is an entity within the IATA governance that acts as advisor to the Safety, Flight and Ground Operations Advisory Council (SFGOAC), IATA management and other relevant IATA bodies on all matters that relate to the IOSA program. It provides recommendations on how to implement those measures in a rational, coordinated and cost-effective structure. The IOC reports to the SFGOAC, which in turn, reports to the Board of Governors of IATA.
Areas of Activity
- Ongoing development of the IOSA documentation system, that includes the Standards Manual and Program Manual
- Issues that have an impact to the integrity of IOSA, including quality assurance and external industry factors
- Audit Organization and Endorsed Training Organization reporting
- Regulatory authority policies associated with the program
- Policy recommendations to improve IOSA and aviation safety
Composition and Meetings
The IOC is open to IATA member airlines only. The number of participants is limited to 17. Regulatory Authorities are always welcome to participate as observers. Altogether, the IOC has 6 to 12 face to face meetings and calls per year.
IOSA Aircraft Engineering & Maintenance Task Force (MNT)
IOSA Flight-Dispatch Task Force (FLT-DSP)
Integrated Ground Operations Task Force (shared with ISAGO Oversight Council and IATA Ground Handling Council)
IOSA ORG (Organisation and Management) Task Force
IOSA Security Task Force
Cabin Operations Safety Task Force (COSTF) (shared with Safety Group Working Group)
Need for more information?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org