The Passenger Distribution Management Group (PDMG) manages the development of passenger distribution processes and standards as published in IATA Resolutions and Recommended Practices, and the development of modern technology messaging standards (e.g. XML) under the provisions of Resolution 783.
Participation as a voting member is restricted to IATA member airlines who are appointed at the PSC. Other types of participants (e.g. IATA Strategic Partners and all other third party industry stakeholders) can participate as observers. The number of voting participants is limited to 15. The PDMG meets at least once a year and has conference calls on an ad hoc basis.
- Reviews and approves proposed additions, changes and deletions to the key principles of passenger distribution
- Manages the development of processes and standards
- Submits an annual report of its activities to the Passenger Service Conference (PSC) meeting
- Liaises closely with other Airlines for America (A4A) and IATA Committees impacting on passenger distribution standard
- Passenger Distribution Management Group Working Group (PDMGWG)
- PDMG Advisory Forum - The PDMG Advisory Forum is comprised of senior representatives from across the airline distribution value chain. The role of this forum is to drive a common industry perspective on key topics through the inclusion of airlines, travel agents, global distribution and IT providers. It then provides feedback and recommendations to the PDMG from an industry stakeholder’s perspective.