The Safety Group (SG) monitors aviation safety problems identified by airlines, and develops strategies to continuously improve safety, such as promotion of the use of digital flight data recorder analysis programs. It acts as advisor to the Safety, Flight and Ground Operations Advisory Council (SFGOAC), IATA Management and other relevant IATA bodies on matters that relate to the optimization of airline safety.
It will also indicate how to implement those measures in a rational, co-coordinated and cost-effective manner. It coordinates its activities and recommendations with the appropriate operational groups likely to implement such recommendations, as required.
Areas of Activity
- Identifying hazards/threats to airline safety
- Providing recommendations/strategies to airlines, regulators, ATC (Air Traffic Control) service providers and manufacturers to mitigate safety risks
- Assigning safety recommendations to accountable persons and organizations while ensuring that they are measurable and achievable
- Monitoring the effectiveness of implemented safety programs
- Fostering active safety data exchange programs
- Establishing a Safety Management Support System
- Developing and maintaining safety action plan