The Safety, Flight, and Ground Operations Advisory Council (SFGOAC) shall act as advisor to the Board of Governors, the Director General, other Advisory Councils, IATA management and other relevant IATA bodies on all matters that relate to the improvement of safety and efficiency of civil air transport, ground operations and baggage.
More information on the SFGOAC mandate in the Advisory Councils Mandates and Memberships (pdf).
The SFGOAC has 10 Working Groups (WG) and 6 Regional Coordination Groups (RCGs) working to address specific safety and operational items. In addition, the WGs and RCGs have established a number of task forces and technical groups to work through specific items.
- Aeronautical Skills Working Group (ASWG)
- Air Traffic Management Working Group (ATM WG)
- Flight Operations Group (FOG)
- Ground Operations Group (GOG)
- IOSA Oversight Council (IOC)
- ISAGO Oversight Council (GOC)
- Safety Group (SG)
- Technical Fuel Group (TFG)
- Technical Operations Working Group (TOWG)
- Total Airport Management Working Group (TAMWG)