Through the Technical Fuel Group (TFG) and the IATA Fuel Quality Pool (IFQP), IATA coordinates with industry suppliers and service providers to ensure a reliable supply of safe and quality jet fuel.
From the refinery process through the delivery of fuel into-plane, IATA establishes and publishes industry-recognized standards, best practices and procedures.Visit the online store for the latest publications available.
The IATA Technical Fuel Services and Alternative Fuel Project team is comprised of experts with aviation industry backgrounds, specifically in the areas of fuel specifications, fuel quality standards, refueling procedures, supply-chain quality, aircraft fuel system design, fuel system maintenance and also manages the audit quality pools.
- Work with international and national standard setting bodies to pursue harmonization efforts in view of achieving one global standard for jet fuel specifications, its proper and safe handling and quality control.
- Investigate all fuel-related incidents, accidents, spills and make recommendations to enhance the safety of the fueling operation.
- Encourage the participation of airlines in the IATA Fuel Quality Pool to achieve economic benefits, meet safety and technical objectives and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Provide opportunities for the industry to share their experiences in this new publication, Fuel Operations After Natural Disasters.
Composition and Frequency of Meetings
- Fuel Specifications Technical Group (FSTG)
- Fuel Quality Technical Group (FQTG)
- Fuel Contamination Technical Group (FCTG)
- Fuelling Procedures Technical Group (FPTG)