The Time and Temperature Working Group (TTWG) develops and maintains standards relevant to the acceptance and handling procedures of perishable and healthcare goods. It maintains, improves and facilitates the proper functioning of the pharmaceutical logistics sector.
The TTWG, under guidance of the Live Animals and Perishables Board (LAPB), is responsible for the following activities, as well as other tasks delegated to it by the LAPB:
- Establish and maintain a time and temperature quality management system by means of a documented process
- Liaise with healthcare industry stakeholders or their intermediaries to establish common standards
- Produce and implement guidance material to maintain drug quality and efficacy when shipping time and temperature sensitive pharmaceuticals
- Act as the coordinating body between IATA and the pharma industry for the healthcare logistics forum during the World Cargo Symposium
- Lobby government agencies, intergovernmental organizations, stakeholders, carriers, shippers and their intermediaries for the recognition and adoption of developed standards
- Promote its activities among industry associations and shippers
The TTWG normally meets twice a year in conjunction with the LAPB. The current TTWG Chairperson is Francesco Nanna (Cargolux).
Sonia Ben Hamida
Head of Special Cargo, IATA