The Treasury Working Group acts as advisor to the Industry Financial Advisory Council, other relevant IATA bodies, and IATA Management on all matters that relate to Airline Treasury and Cash Management issues.
Areas of Activities
- Advising on approach, direction, and prioritization of IATA activities related to:
- Treasury related issues, including funds repatriation problems
- Regulatory environment around foreign exchange
- Currency exchange fluctuation, interest rates fluctuations, jet fuel cost fluctuation
- New industry development of treasury tools
- Aircraft financing issues
- Assisting IATA in the development of appropriate policies and action plans in the above matters.
- Assisting IATA in the execution of key industry campaigns related to the above matters.
- Advising IATA on developments in the above matters to help identify emerging issues.
- Providing technical advice to IATA on the above matters.
Composition and Meetings
The Treasury Working Group is open to IATA member airlines only. Participants should be qualified representatives at VP or Director level within their airlines, with expertise in payment methods areas. The number of participants is limited to 15. The group meets twice a year and has monthly conference calls.