What is the Schedule Reference Service (SRS)?
The Schedules Reference Service (SRS) is a neutral source of airline schedules and related data being offered to the industry in a strategic marketing partnership between Innovata as the database management company and IATA.
Why has it been set up?
The SRS was created to provide a secure and high quality service for the collection, validation, consolidation and distribution of airline schedules and related data.
How many airline schedules are currently featured in the SRS?
There are well over 800 airlines who currently operate scheduled services featured in the database and this number is constantly changing as non-participating carriers and new start-ups submit their schedules to the SRS.
Please contact SRSInfo@Innovata-LLC.com for further information.
What are the benefits of the SRS for my airline?
The SRS offers many benefits to your company. The SRS will:
- Provide a secure supply of schedules and related data to all users.
- Reduce costs related to schedule management and distribution.
- Maintain a robust, stable, cost-effective, and neutral schedule collection and distribution service for the industry.
- Increase e-commerce opportunities to maximize product distribution and reduce related costs.
- Quality assured schedules will be returned to participating providers in SSIM or standard CSV file, which can be imported into most off the shelf applications.
What is the preferred file type for schedules updates to the SRS?
Though SSIM is the preferred method for schedule updates, Innovata will accept updates in any format including SSM, TTY, MS Excel, MS Word, or even email or fax instructions
Innovata also provides an online system branded SRS Skedsync which allows airlines to access their current schedules filed with Innovata and then make additions, deletions and changes for submission to the database. Please contact IATA.SRS@innovata-LLC.com for more information on obtaining a trial for this service.
How often should I send updates?
It is very important that schedules files should be updated as frequently as changes are made. Providers can also provide real time updates via SSM messaging to supplement regular filings. The schedules contained in the SRS database are used in over 150 client timetables hosted and managed by Innovata and are also supplied to several reservation systems including Sabre, Abacus and Infini and so with your help, we would like to ensure that we are always distributing and displaying your most current schedules to the industry.
Where should I send my updates?
Updated electronic files should be sent to IATA.SRS@Innovata-LLC.com.
Updates can also be sent to:
Fax: +1 770 614 4902
For information on FTP transfer, please contact IATA.SRS@innovata-LLC.COM
Who should I contact with any questions or issues on my schedules updates?
If you have any questions or issues about your schedules updates, please contact IATA.SRS@innovata-LLC.com.
What quality checks does the SRS perform?
Innovata performs SSIM quality edits as well as general data edits and checks on all airline data submissions irrespective of method of update:
- Validity of IATA codes (station codes, equipment types, airline codes, etc.)
- Validity of all required as well as optional data
- Flight duration
- Segment continuity
- Missing data
- Date and time continuity
- ... Plus numerous other data checks
Innovata can provide an MS Excel template with required fields for submission to the database. Discrepancies are reviewed with the provider for clarification and verification before submission to the database.
What quality reports or feedback is available from the SRS regarding my company's schedules updates?
The SRS provides 3 electronic edit reports for your review, which will be available to you, on request , after your schedules updates are processed.
- The Duplicate Flight Leg Report contains non-suppressed, non-stop flight legs that are overlapping in operation for at least one day based on the departure station, arrival station, departure time, arrival time, and equipment type.
- The Variance Report flags any anomalies within a flight segment in reference to the markets, distance flown and elapsed time. This report verifies that the correct equipment codes and station codes are used. Exceptional time variances for a flight are verified and corrected.
- The Operational Gap Report consists of the total flying time and total number of departures per day for a 52-week period. This report verifies missing schedule data such as codeshare information, commuter flights and major seasonal schedules changes or resulting from special circumstances.
Does the Innovata handle Standard Schedule Messages (SSM) messaging?
Yes, we encourage you to send us SSM messaging either for all your schedules updates or as interim updates to your regular batch file update submissions. Currently almost 70 airlines file SSM with Innovata . Messages can be sent via e-mail to IATA.SRS@Innovata-LLC.com or TTY: ATLDSXD. Please contact Innovata at IATA.SRS@INNOVATA-LLC.com to speak with a member of the Supplier Relations Team about setting up an SSM update capability for your airline .
What data does the SRS require?
The SRS requests that providers not submitting a SSIM file supply supply the following items in each file submission:
Days of Operation
Aircraft Departure Station
Passenger Departure Time (if different than the ADT)
Aircraft Arrival Time
Passenger Arrival Time (if different than the ADT)
Classes of Service
Plus any other data the provider feels is important
Is there a fee to update the SRS and have my schedules included in its database?
NO, there are no fees - irrespective of method of update or frequency of update. However , please note that airlines submitting SSM may incur transmission charges.