Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) (Classroom, 3 days)
Benefit from a comprehensive introduction to Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) whose objective is to ensure the flow of aeronautical information and data necessary for the safety, regularity and efficiency of international air navigation. Learn about the ICAO Annexes and documentation that relate to AIS, AIS user requirements and principles, the dependence of safety on the quality of aeronautical information, the application of AIS in the cockpit, and ICAO’s roadmap for the transition from AIS to Aeronautical Information Management (AIM).
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TCVT-01
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explain AIS and describe AIS functions
- Name and describe the main AIS publications and know their place in the ICAO regulatory framework
- Be aware of the main actors in the aeronautical data chain
- Name and describe the major publications within AIS and their significant parts
- Be mindful of the dependence of safety on the quality of aeronautical information
- Have a basic knowledge of the latest applications of AIS in the cockpit
- AIS definitions: services; data; information; products; integrated aeronautical information package; publications
- Functions, responsibilities, aeronautical data chain
- History of ICAO and AIS: Annexes to the Chicago Convention; hierarchy of the regulatory framework
- ICAO Annex 15 Aeronautical Information Services and AIS publications e.g. ICAO Doc 8126 AIS Manual; ICAO Doc 8697 Aeronautical Chart Manual
- Aeronautical information and safety
- AIS user requirements and AIS in the cockpit
- From AIS to Aeronautical Information Management (AIM) including user requirements and principles
- System Wide Information Management (SWIM)
- World Geodetic System 1984 (WGS-84), the common reference system for air navigation
- Basics of digital terrain modelling (DTM) and Electronic Terrain and Obstacle Data (eTOD) onboard applications
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Beginners working in Aeronautical Information Services
- Those needing general knowledge about AIS
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.