Post-Pandemic Air Service Development Strategy for Airports (LIVE virtual Classroom)
Since the COVID-19 outbreak and the demise of air traffic, airports together with airlines are facing extremely dire and challenging times. The airport industry requires a total restart and a brand-new B2B approach in their interaction with airlines, concessionaires and tenants. Airlines are redefining their criteria to select routes and they expect new support mechanisms from airports and service providers. Concessionaires also expect tangible information from airports in order to develop a new offer to passengers. Airports should realign their marketing strategy to a new heading, sending a new message to their stakeholders. This course aims at assisting airports in redesigning their aeronautical and non-aeronautical strategies during and post the COVID-19 era.
Course Code: TAPG-70-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 6 hours to complete and be held over 2 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants should have knowledge of airport business
- Recommended level is Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
21 - 22 September, 2021
Register before 31 Aug, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 07 Sep
All prices are before tax. Class no: 137774
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Analyse the change required in forecasting
- Adapt the relationship with airlines to meet the post-pandemic needs
- Corelate the updated best practices and approaches with air service development and commercial management
- Assess their marketing strategy
- Examine the new passenger personas
- The new normal
- Latest changes in traffic forecasting
- Updates on Air Service Development strategy
- Post-pandemic Airport Commercial strategy
- The new passenger personas
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Airport commercial managers
- Traffic analysts
- Marketing and service designers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.