Phraseology and Safety Training for Air Traffic Controllers and Pilots (Classroom, 5 days)
Communicate safely using ICAO standard phraseologies.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TCVT-11
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will:
Refresh your knowledge of ICAO standard phraseology
Benefit from numerous examples of ICAO standard phraseology and the consequences of misunderstandings between Air Traffic Control and pilots
Status of phraseology implementation worldwide
Air Traffic Controller and Pilot specific procedure
Multiple case studies (audio and paper transcriptions)
Combined analysis of the Pilot vs Controller situational awareness
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Civil Aviation Authorities
Airline managers and operational staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.