Airline Operations in Chinese Mainland (classroom)
About the course
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
Through the insightful instruction of highly experienced IATA and operational airline staff you will gain an understanding of the Chinese mainland* operational infrastructure in order to recognize and develop more effective procedures within your own organizations. You will also get first-hand knowledge of the tools and support functions available to ensure airline operations are as efficient as possible. Currently, foreign airlines operating in Chinese mainland, including those from Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR and Chinese Taipei, face some challenges which often result in low operational efficiency. The difficulties are mainly focused on a lack of efficient flight planning, handling abnormal situations, and an overall unfamiliarity with the local operational procedures, especially the pre-flight application and approval process. These difficulties are made worse by the limited experience of the airline staff, as well as their level of knowledge and skills.
*Mainland area of the Republic of China
Course Code: TCVG-18
- Participants should have a basic understanding of overflight and slot request procedures is useful, but not essential.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form
or contact the Training Specialist
in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Describe an overview of the Chinese mainland operational architecture
- Explain how to shorten the flight plan approval process
- Locate the CAAC pre-flight website and flight route database to correctly submit the pre-flight applications for slot and route requests
- Recognize the need to re-write current procedures within your own organization in order to address the operational challenges in Chinese mainland airspace
- Confidently promote your knowledge to colleagues in order to act more effectively as a team
- Plan effective strategic and tactical responses
- Describe how to access and use the IATA China ATFM Liaison Desk
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Operational architecture and the role of individual operations department
- Regulatory requirements of the pre-flight management
- Pre-flight application/approval process
- Best practices based on operational experience
- How to avoid or resolve common mistakes and frequently encountered problems
- CAAC pre-flight website and flight route database illustration
- Abnormal situations and how to handle them (flight delay, typhoon, flight diversion, etc)
- IATA China ATFM Liaison Desk and how it supports the airline operation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Operations staff of airlines who are in charge of the daily operation, pre-flight plan application and adjustment, abnormal situation handling, etc; for flight using Chinese airspace and airports
- Airline operations staff who coordinate with the different operational departments and facilities of CAAC
- Ground handling agent staff serving foreign airlines
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.