Maximize Airline Sales Revenue in a Changing World (LIVE virtual classroom)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 128 participants from 26 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (11 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
The new airline operating environment has rapid changes in demand, customer segments, airline capacity, border closures, distribution structures, partnerships, revenue management and pricing. The volatile financial stability of the industry has created challenges for the sales teams of airlines as revenue sources disappear overnight. Airline sales teams now need to work across commercial functions and channels to optimize the revenue performance of the organization. This course will focus on how the sales force will apply a comprehensive set of sales efforts in a multichannel distribution environment to increase revenue performance.
Course Code: TALM-04-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 11 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 3 live interactive virtual classroom session per day, two sessions of 90 minutes and one session of 45 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have basic
knowledge of Airline Sales Skills or relevant industry expertise.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Explain how local and global sales targets and structures need to change in volatile markets
- Discuss how changing customer demand, revenue sources, segmentation, etc. are impacting airlines
- Demonstrate how global pandemics influence airline revenue and performance
- Apply your knowledge of distribution, sales tools and other mechanisms to increase revenue
- Build alternative airline sales strategies and approaches to build airline revenue
- Review future changes in the industry that could impact revenue sources
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Multichannel sales approach
- Key account management
- Sales force automation
- Customer relationship management
- Agility in business approach
- Loyalty and incentive management
- Cost of sales
- Current and future revenue sources
Who should attend
This course is recommended for airline and non-airline staff and specialists in:
- Marketing and Communications
- Revenue management and pricing
- Network planning, scheduling, airport business development
- Partnership and Alliances
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma