Maximize Airline Sales Revenue in a Changing World (Classroom, 4 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 128 participants from 26 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Face the challenge of generating passenger revenue while business and leisure travel, world trade, technology and companies rapidly expand and change. This course uses a competency-based approach to develop your skills as a strategic airline sale professional.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TALM-04
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have basic
knowledge of Airline Sales Skills or relevant industry expertise
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
Successfully manage an existing customer base and how the distribution landscape is changing
Identify current and future revenue sources and how to extract maximum return on investment from these income streams
Incorporate a quality of results measurements in addition to not just focusing on quantity of sales calls
Examine the attributes of top performing sales professionals and how to develop those attributes
Review the latest methods for defining, identifying, engaging and building long relationships with target accounts
Communicate and present products and services related to retail travel management companies, corporate travel departments as well as direct sales channels
Maintain access to senior decision makers
Comparative airline performance sales key performance indicators
Establish geographical territories
Develop account sales plans to meet and exceed established sales goals
Analyze and interpret booking and revenue data to maximize revenues
Identify new sales opportunities
Measure ROI and closing sales at higher margins
Use CRM tools to increase quality and effectiveness of customer meetings
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Sales executives and managers responsible for achieving a sales or revenue target
Reservations and ticket office staff seeking to build a sales career
Area sales managers responsible for sales teams
Sales team support staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: