Airport Customer Service (classroom)
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 183 participants from 15 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
Drive a culture of excellence around customer service and communication. This course covers the principles of customer service from the perspective of passengers, airlines and airport businesses. Learn how to manage different categories of customers and service consumers, and how you can meet their respective needs within your organization.
Course Code: TAPP-18
- Participants should have prior knowledge of airport business and operations.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form
or contact the Training Specialist
in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of customer service excellence
Introduce a customer service program leading to the creation of a quality service culture throughout the organization
Focus on customer satisfaction
Evaluate current customer processing tools, e-services and social media applications
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Airport environment
- Terminal services
Airport facilities analysis
Passenger terminal as a system
- Customer focus
- Passenger profile
Airline service profile
Passenger needs analysis
- Maximizing communication
- Use of social media and e-services
Managing feedback and interaction
Cross cultural awareness
- Stakeholder needs analysis
- Basic quality control
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airport terminal managers and supervisors
Airport terminal service providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.