Aviation English (e-learning)
About the course
40- hour e-learning course
The Aviation English e-learning course has been designed with the most pressing English language needs of the aviation industry in mind. The material is presented in an aviation context showcasing realistic situations, and will help you develop the skills necessary to deal with the content commonly found in aviation training courses, and documents, such as those produced by ICAO and other aviation related organizations. You will develop the language skills needed to handle real-life situations arising in everyday aviation operations and for training purposes, and to understand aviation specific documents.
Course code: TALM-58
This course is held in Partnership with LAL Language Centres
- This e-learning course requires approximately 40 hours of study, to be completed within 6 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity).
- After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
- Participants are recommended to have already attained ICAO Level 3 or
Course fee by user
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Use standard aviation phraseology and plain language
- Identify airport signage
- Handle emergency situations
- Prepare and plan ahead for a flight
- Identify effects of weather
- Read back instructions
- Aviation language and communication
- Ground operations
- Airport layouts and runway incursions
- Flight plans, ATIS and NOTAMs, and clearance delivery
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Air Traffic Controllers
- Aviation professionals
Upon successful completion of the exam/assessment, you will be awarded a Certificate that you can print for your records.
Please read the General Information on Self-study exams.
- Delivery method: Unsupervised online-based exam. Assessment can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Number of exams: 4
- Format: 25 multiple-choice questions
- Time allowance: 30 minutes for each exam
- Passing grade: 70% correct answers
- Distinction: 90% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts for 1st, 2nd & 3rd exams: 2
- Number of exam attempts for 4th exam: 1
Important note: The exam/assessment should be accessed after you have completed the course module. Once you have started the assessment you can no longer access the course module.