Business Ethics (Classroom, 3 days)
This course covers a range of ethical issues arising in today’s business operations. You will gain a broad understanding of business ethics concepts and learn how to apply an ethical code of practice within your organization to influence behavior and contribute to bottom line performance.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TAPH-65
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the ethical relationship between you and your employer
- Address your organization’s ethical responsibilities and obligations while creating a positive impact on the business
- Create a more ethical business using proven concepts and methodologies
- Manage cultural attitudes toward bribery and corruption
- Articulate why being compliant and having a good governance structure is good for the business
- Apply a range of Corporate Social Responsibility models within an airline business environment
- Common ethical problems within an organization
- Ethical and unethical behavior
- Ethical dilemmas – prescriptive ethical theories
- Why behaving ethically is important to an organization’s
- Working with integrity
- Communication ethically in the digital age
- Diversity and respect
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Create your own business ethics code of practice throughout the duration of the course
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- General counsels
- Human resources professionals
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.