CAA Oversight of PBN Implementation (Classroom, 5 days)
As States transition from conventional navigation to PBN, it is mandatory for CAA regulators to oversee and approve any resulting changes to airspace. Therefore, as ANSPs implement Navigation Specifications (Nav Specs) in the Terminal Maneuvering Area (TMA), or in other categories of airspace, CAA Regulators need to be knowledgeable in all aspects of PBN implementation in order to monitor project steps and approve required safety assessment reports. Even where external consultants are hired to undertake PBN implementation on behalf of the ANSP/State, there is still a requirement for the regulatory authority to be heavily involved in the airspace change projects. This will ensure the expected outcomes and benefits are achieved, and that the CAA Inspectors are confident the implementation and use of new procedures is safe and efficient.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TCVT-73
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have attended PBN I course and reviewed the following documents prior to the course:
- Doc 9613 – PBN Manual (4th Edition)
- Doc 9992 – Manual on the use of PBN in Airspace Design
- Doc 9931 CDO Manual
- Doc 9993 CCO Manual
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Gain solid knowledge of PBN Theory and Navigation Specifications
- Be familiar with PBN Implementation Project Processes, i.e. Planning, Design, Validation and Implementation
- Understand the importance of Safety Assessments
- Be able to review, critique and comment on TMA Airspace
- Be able to review and provide comments on IFP charting
- CAA Oversight Role in PBN Implementation
- General PBN Overview including RNAV and RNP Navigation Specifications
- PBN application & Project Management
- Safety Assessment Reports
- TMA Airspace – CDO/CCO Design Guidelines and benefits
- Checklist of guidelines for TMA Airspace Design
- TMA Procedure Charting requirements
- Review of Regional / State PBN Implementation Plans
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- CAA Directors
- ANS Inspectors
whose role is to oversee ANSP PBN Projects and approve changes to airspace, resulting from Terminal and Approach procedure implementation
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.