Card Payment Policies and Fraud Prevention (Classroom, 3 days)
Understand payment card transactions from authorization to settlement. Learn about fraud prevention, remediation and why Payment Card Industry Security Standard (PCI DSS) is an important step in protecting cardholder data.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALF-44
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Know the payment card industry and the developments that will impact your business
Improve your card acceptance procedures and efficiency
Identify the components of an efficient fraud prevention strategy
Reduce costs when accepting card payments
Understand PCI DSS and the importance of meeting these card security standards
The payment card industry
Airline ticket sales channels
IATA’s role in card payment policies
Card fraud prevention and remediation
PCI DSS, a standard for card data security
Reducing payment cost
Who should attend
This course is recommended for Managers in:
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.