Competency-based Training and Assessment (CBTA) Implementation (Classroom, 3 days)
This course has been developed to complement the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) – Appendix H – Dangerous Goods Training Guidelines to support the industry in the implementation of Competency-based Training and Assessment (CBTA) for cargo and ground operations job functions. Designed for operators, ground service providers and freight forwarders, you will be equipped with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to plan a strategy on how to implement a Competency framework in your organization.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TVCL-03
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge in training course design and facilitation for cargo and ground operations personnel
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the competency-based training and assessment approach and methodology
- Conduct a training needs analysis for operational-related job functions
- Design a competency-based training course and assessment
- Convert traditional material to competency-based material
- Apply the appropriate training and evaluation methods
- Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of a training course
- Competency-based training and assessment (CBTA) principles
- Benefits and advantages of competency-based training
- Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
- Design of competency-based training and assessment materials
- Training effectiveness
- Group work
- Case studies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Senior course developers and trainers who wish to develop competency-based training course material
- Personnel in civil aviation authorities responsible for managing and approving competency-based training
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.