CNS/ATM Planning Master Class (Classroom, 5 days)
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 50 participants from 12 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Learn how to plan and manage the delivery of Air Traffic Services that comply with the objectives of the ICAO Global Air Traffic Management (ATM) Operational Concept (GATMOC).
Using the theory learned in IATA’s Foundations of CNS/ATM course, over 5 days you will learn how to apply strategic management to Air Traffic Services (ATS). Become knowledgeable about operational planning, performance indicators, balanced control systems, balanced scorecards, airspace concept development and Performance-based Navigation (PBN). Review the ICAO global strategic plans and learn how to develop metrics to measure performance. Through individual and group exercises you will have the opportunity to build a 15-year master plan for the delivery of Air Traffic Services that are aligned with the objectives of the GATMOC.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TCVT-26
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of GATMOC or have completed IATA's Foundations of CNS/ATM
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Apply strategic management principles to the delivery of performance-based ATS
- Be conversant about airspace concept development and Performance-based Navigation (PBN)
- See how your local operational requirements fit with ICAO global plans
- Apply a service delivery strategy in a systematic way to develop a long range Master Plan for the delivery of Air Traffic Services.
- Principles of planning and strategic direction
- Operational planning
- Performance measurement, performance indicators, balanced control systems, balanced scorecards and their implementation
- The Strategic Execution Framework (SEF)
- Airspace concept development and Performance-based Navigation (PBN)
- PBN designated airspace and PBN designated ATS routes or approaches
- ICAO global strategic plans and reports
- Master Planning
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Executive and senior managers in Air Navigation Service Providers
- Air Traffic Controller Officers (ATCO), operational staff, and supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: