Collaborative Decision Making (CDM) and Air Traffic Flow Management (ATFM) (LIVE virtual classroom)
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 92 participants from 8 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
5-day (20 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Over 5 days of lectures, discussions and exercises you will learn about the Collaborative Decision Making (CDM) process of sharing information to improve airport and airspace capacity and efficiency. You will also discover how airline operators and air traffic controllers reduce delays at airports and in terminal airspace by optimizing resources and improving the predictability of events. The Global Air Traffic Management (ATM) Operational Concept (ICAO Doc. 9854) imposes a more holistic, cooperative, collaborative decision-making approach to managing air traffic flows. This collaborative approach is supported by system-wide information sharing, provision of early intent data, management by trajectory, CDM and automated support requiring machine readable, unambiguous information. CDM has evolved to improve Air Traffic Flow Management (ATFM) and the overall performance of the Air Traffic Management (ATM) system, not only in a single country, but across borders as demonstrated in the Asia Pacific region.
Course Code: TCVT-08-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete and be held over 5 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Intermediate or Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Discuss CDM key concepts
Apply the data sharing, automation and decision-support tools used in CDM
Reduce ground and airborne delays
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Operational concepts in CDM
- CDM functional requirements and specifications especially ICAO documents
- Roles and responsibilities and key performance indicators (KPI)
- Service Level Agreements between stakeholders
- Implementation risks
- Generic procedures
- Implementing CDM at airports and across borders
- CDM in management practices
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:Airport operations and technical managersAirline operations managers, apron managers and technical staffAir traffic control officers (ATCO) and managersGround handling managers and supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.