Contractual Obligations during COVID-19 (LIVE virtual classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
This one-day virtual classroom course has been developed for aviation professionals who deal with airline contractual issues, are knowledgeable about contractual clauses and need to know how to interpret them in the context of the current world economic crisis. At the end of the course you will be able to analyse contracts and decide on when and how to legally exit an existing agreement, what obligations to fulfil and how to apply force majeure clauses to the most common agreements used in aviation industry.
Course code: TALL-22-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 7 hours to complete and be held over 1 day.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The course will include an interactive webinar requiring your participation, multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, and additional reading
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants should have at least 3 years of experience in their area of expertise
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
15 February, 2022
Register before 25 Jan, 2022 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 01 Feb
All prices are before tax. Class no: 154742
Virtual Classroom Training Information
2 daily LIVE sessions:
17:00-19:00 & 20:00-22:00 Beijing/Singapore
13:00-15:00 & 16:00-18:00 Dubai
10:00-12:00 & 13:00-15:00 Geneva/Paris
9:00-11:00 & 12:00-14:00 UTC
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of the Common Law Legal System and the Civil Law Legal system with a view to contract law and Force Majeure events.
- Review and compare crucial clauses relevant to COVID-19 in various standard IATA agreements and common airline-related agreements
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of the basics of contract law and good drafting practices with a particular view to COVID 19
- Analyse and draft typical termination clauses and understand the definition of Force Majeure and Frustration events.
- Demonstrate sound risk awareness and efficient handling of termination due to insolvencies and Force Majeure events.
- Termination, Frustration and Force Majeure as they apply to the most common agreements, such as:
- Blocked Space Agreements
- Charter and Lease Agreements
- Fuel Supply Agreements
- Catering Agreement
- Ground Handling Agreements
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline in-house counsel
- Aviation lawyers in private practice
- Professional Airline Managers
- Airport and other aviation professionals who deal with airline contractual issues
- Legal professionals who want more knowledge in the fields of aviation and airlines
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.