Contractual Obligations during COVID-19 (classroom)
You can also take this course online in a LIVE virtual classroom setting:
About the course
1-day (8 hours) classroom course
This one-day classroom course has been developed for aviation professionals who deal with airline contractual issues, are knowledgeable about contractual clauses and need to know how to interpret them in the context of the current world economic crisis. At the end of the course you will be able to analyse contracts and decide on when and how to legally exit an existing agreement, what obligations to fulfil and how to apply force majeure clauses to the most common agreements used in aviation industry.
Course code: TALL-22
- This classroom course provides 1 day (8 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have at least 3 years of experience in their area of expertise
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of the Common Law Legal System and the Civil Law Legal system with a view to contract law and Force Majeure events.
- Review and compare crucial clauses relevant to COVID-19 in various standard IATA agreements and common airline-related agreements
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of the basics of contract law and good drafting practices with a particular view to COVID 19
- Analyse and draft typical termination clauses and understand the definition of Force Majeure and Frustration events.
- Demonstrate sound risk awareness and efficient handling of termination due to insolvencies and Force Majeure events.
- Termination, Frustration and Force Majeure as they apply to the most common agreements, such as:
- Blocked Space Agreements
- Charter and Lease Agreements
- Fuel Supply Agreements
- Catering Agreement
- Ground Handling Agreements
- Exercises, case studies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline in-house counsel
- Aviation lawyers in private practice
- Professional Airline Managers
- Airport and other aviation professionals who deal with airline contractual issues
- Legal professionals who want more knowledge in the fields of aviation and airlines
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.