Corporate Social Responsibility and Organizational Ethics - University of Geneva (Classroom)
In this 2-day course you will learn how managers can address rising stakeholder expectations and how to engage in responsible decision making to avoid ethical blindness. You will discuss corporate social responsibility and explore various responsible management and compliance tools. You will also frame the theoretical and practical debate around CSR with an overview of its development with a particular focus on the aviation sector, its main CSR challenges and existing CSR approaches. You will also discuss the regulatory context that shapes and constrains responsible corporate conduct, discuss organizational ethics and examine the role of ethics and values in management and the unconscious biases that make responsible decision-making challenging.
This course is offered as part of the IATA - University of Geneva Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in Environmental Sustainability in Aviation program.
Course Code: TALG-70
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
Please complete the online application form indicating if you wish to register for the complete program or a single course, and attach all required supporting documents.
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (UoG-AV-Virtual)
17 - 18 January, 2022
Please register by 03 Jan
All prices are before tax. Class no: 145940
For more information, please contact:
Program Coordinator, Executive Education
Bureau Uni Pignon 604
42 bd du Pont-d'Arve
CH - 1211 Genève 4
Tel: +41 22 379 89 75
You can also apply online
at least two weeks prior to the course start.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify key organizational stakeholders and their expectations
- Analyze ethical challenges that can arise in corporations
- Recognize important elements and issues in the management of ethics in corporations
- Discuss the challenges and success factors for responsible management
- Develop thoughtful proposals / solutions in the context of business and society
- Corporate social responsibility
- Responsible decision-making
- Organizational ethics
- Instructor-based classroom sessions
- Self-study material
- Exercises, case studies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: