Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) for General Cargo Acceptance Personnel - E-Learning - English
For personnel listed in category 4 & 7 as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR
Even if dangerous goods handling is not part of your job description, you must know how to recognize dangerous cargo to prevent its unsafe transport. This course allows you to comply with training requirements as operator or freight forwarder staff involved in processing cargo, mail or stores other than dangerous goods.
Course code: TCGP-40
- This e-learning course requires approximately 5 hours of study to be completed by 31 December 2020 (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
Course fee by license
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Identify and classify dangerous goods
- Recognize dangerous goods labels and package specification markings
- Detect hidden dangerous goods in cargo and mail
- Interpret a Shipper’s Declaration
- Understand basic dangerous goods emergency response procedures
- Classification - Classes and Divisions
- Marking and Labeling
- Dangerous Goods Emergency Response
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Freight forwarder and general cargo acceptance personnel processing cargo, mail, or stores other than dangerous goods
- IATA cargo agent staff
- Cargo training specialists
- Cargo operations managers and frontline supervisors
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an e-Certificate available for you to print for your records.
Please read the General Information on Self-study exams.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 25
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 80% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 3