Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) Initial Category 3 (Virtual Classroom)
This virtual classroom was developed to address and enable learners to obtain DGR certificates under current travel and business limitations due to COVID-19. We strongly advise that you check with your appropriate local authority if a virtual classroom training solution will be accepted.
Establish knowledge foundations of Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) and learn how to successfully apply them in your daily work. Gain the skills you need to process shipments containing dangerous goods by air and to accurately complete related air transport documentation, fulfilling the regulatory requirements of the IATA DGR. This course will ensure that you have current knowledge of the legal requirements, operational restrictions, packaging instructions, marking, labelling and documentation regulation for dangerous goods, all in accordance with the current edition of IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations manual.
Course code: TCGP-98-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 13.5 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
The most current IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations manual will be provided electronically for the duration of the course.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
1 - 3 December, 2020
Register before 10 Nov, 2020 for a USD100 discount
Please register by 17 Nov
All prices are before tax. Class no: 133182
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Comply with IATA’s DGR when preparing and shipping dangerous goods by air
- Describe the legal aspects and responsibilities related to the transport of dangerous goods, of shippers, freight forwarders, agents and other entities acting as freight forwarders
- Apply the recent updates of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Explain and utilize latest IATA amendments and directives
- Review and share practical aspects of dangerous goods handling with your peers
- Overview of IATA DGR
- Basis and the legal aspects of the regulations and associated responsibilities
- Limitations and general requirements
- Dangerous goods classifications and divisions
- List of dangerous goods
- Packing, marking and labelling requirements
- Shipper’s Declarations and other relevant documentation including air waybill (AWB) and the use of the checklist
- Dangerous goods emergency response and reporting requirements
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Recommended for those involved in transport of dangerous goods
- Freight forwarder staff responsible for processing dangerous goods (HAZMAT) shipments
- IATA Cargo Agents
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.