Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) Shippers and Packers - Category 1, 2 (Classroom, 3 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 80 participants from 28 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
Safety is your responsibility!
During this course improve your awareness of operational restrictions, packaging instructions and other regulatory aspects related to the safe transport of dangerous goods by air. Gain the skills to classify, prepare, handle and process shipments containing dangerous goods according to the regulatory requirements of ICAO Technical Instruction and IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR).
This course is recommended for Category 1, 2 personnel
as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR
Please note: This course excludes radioactive materials
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
3 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
United States, Miami (IATA, ACCET Accredited)
28 - 30 November, 2022
Register before 28 Aug, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 07 Nov
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 148555
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Comply with IATA’s DGR for shipping dangerous goods by air
- Complete the shipper’s declaration for dangerous goods
- Identify, classify, pack, mark, label and document dangerous goods according to regulations
- Understand the legal aspects and responsibilities of transporting dangerous goods
- Basis of IATA DGR
- Legal aspects and responsibilities
- Limitations for the carriage of dangerous goods by air
- Classification and identification of dangerous goods
- Packing, marking and labelling requirements: UN specifications, limited quantities and other packaging
- Required transport documentations: Dangerous Goods Declaration (DGD), air waybill, and the use of the checklist to verify compliance
- Recognition of undeclared dangerous goods
- Dangerous goods emergency response and reporting requirements
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Shippers and packers
- Manufacturers and exporters of dangerous goods or products contain dangerous goods
- Station managers responsible for the safe transport of dangerous goods
- Consolidators and freight forwarders
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.