Dangerous Goods Operations Diploma
Develop a solid foundation for your cargo career by learning the regulatory requirements to handle the transport of dangerous goods by air.
The regulatory requirements for transporting dangerous goods by air are complex, detailed and change frequently. The IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations Operations Diploma helps you understand the intricacies of the regulations, allowing you to safely and efficiently handle this special cargo.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this diploma you will be able to:
- Prepare and process dangerous goods shipments
- Understand legal requirements, operational restrictions and governing entities
- Identify any weak links in your handling procedures
- Apply safety processes in your work place
- Champion dangerous goods compliance standards in your organization
- Limitations in the transport of dangerous goods
- Requirements for shippers
- Classification and identification
- Packing, marking, labeling and documentation
- Dangerous goods acceptance
- Recognition of undeclared dangerous goods
- Storage and loading
- Provisions for passengers or crew
- Emergency procedures
- Focus on specific areas such as lithium batteries and infectious substances
How to obtain your diploma
- Register for the three required courses and one elective courses online
- Complete all four courses within a three-year period
- Contact the IATA Training team to obtain your diploma
Who should attend
- Dangerous goods operators for airlines
- Handling agents for air cargo
- Freight forwarders for air cargo
Candidates must complete 3 Required courses and 1 Elective courses within three years.
A passing mark of 80% is required on all assignments and exams. A special distinction is awarded to candidates who obtain a distinction in all, or all but one, of all course exams and assignments that make up this Diploma.
How to obtain your diploma
- Complete all 3 Required and 1 selected Elective courses that make up the Diploma, within 3 years.
- Please contact us on our Customer Portal to request your diploma, stating the title of the diploma you are applying for and the list of courses you completed for that diploma.
- IATA Training will issue your diploma upon verification of your eligibility.
To receive the diploma candidates must complete
- 3 Required courses
- 1 Elective courses
Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) - Initial - Category 6 (Classroom)
Gain the competencies to accept, handle and process shipments containing dangerous goods according to the current edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) manual.
Infectious Substances Transport (Classroom)
In accordance with Division 6.2 – Category A and B requirements, this course will keep you compliant with regulations for shipping infectious substances, such as those used in medical research and diagnostic fields.
Shipping Lithium Batteries by Air (Classroom, 2 days)
Acquire the skills and knowledge to pack and ship lithium batteries by air, in compliance with the ICAO Technical Instruction and IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR).