Effective Writing Skills (Classroom, 3 days)
Writing skills are a great asset no matter what your job role. Learn how to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively in emails, reports, sales proposals, presentations and more. This course will ensure your writing skills are consistent with you and your company’s desired brand image.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TAPH-73
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Review techniques for writing quickly and clearly
- Write clear messages that engage based on an assessment of your audience and communication purpose
- Practice your writing skills
- Use written communication to give you a competitive advantage in your stakeholder relationships
- Structure and flow
- Organizing ideas
- Revising and proofreading
- Understanding your audience
- Defining the purpose of your message
- Developing a style
- Creating a coherent point of view
- Removing redundancy
- Controlling long sentences
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Managers and directors
- Customer service representatives
- Public relations professionals
- Sales and marketing staff
- Government officials
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.