Environmental Management Systems in Aviation - University of Geneva (Classroom)
In this course you will discover the value and benefits for organizations with good environmental management. Become a specialist in designing and implementing Environmental Management Systems (EMS) for airlines, ground handlers, airline caterers and airline Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Organizations (MROs). During the course, you will learn how to design and develop an aviation-specific management system that drives environmental performance and keeps track of compliance obligations in all kinds of aviation organizations and airline business models.
This course is offered as part of the IATA - University of Geneva Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in Environmental Sustainability in Aviation program.
Course Code: TALG-72
- This classroom course provides 1 day (8 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
Please complete the online application form indicating if you wish to register for the complete program or a single course, and attach all required supporting documents.
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (UoG-AV-Virtual)
25 October, 2021
Please register by 11 Oct
All prices are before tax. Class no: 145937
For more information, please contact:
Program Coordinator, Executive Education
Bureau Uni Pignon 604
42 bd du Pont-d'Arve
CH - 1211 Genève 4
Tel: +41 22 379 89 75
You can also apply online
at least two weeks prior to the course start.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Design Environmental Policy
- Develop an effective EMS scope
- Identify existing environmental initiatives and integration into an EMS
- Develop robust plans to address the most significant environmental aspects facing the aviation industry today
- Conduct internal environmentalaudits and compliance reviews
- IATA Environmental Assessment (IEnvA) requirements and ISO14001:2015 in an aviation context
- EMS process design that suits specific aviation organizations, aviation-specific business models, corporate structures and size of operations
- The key criteria of an effective EMS
- The value and benefit of operating an effective EMS
- Fully interactive case study
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Environmental managers
- Staff working with any environmental aspects
- Internal environmental auditors
- Regulatory Authorities
- Government and Policymakers
- IATA Environmental Assessment (IEnvA) Focal Points
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: