Executive Aviation Policy (Classroom, 3 days)
Do you want to know more about the aviation industry and how it works, understand key policies and issues, and how to identify key decision makers in the industry? This course will provide you with a high level overview of the aviation industry. Over three days you will learn how to influence a national or organizational aviation agenda through case studies, classroom discussions and role playing. You will have the opportunity to identify the key stakeholders in the industry, and the role of safety, security, advocacy, taxation, and other key aspects related to the industry.
The course is tailored for your region, with region-specific case studies, examples and discussions.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
Course code: TALG-48
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
How to register
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Have a greater understanding of the aviation industry and how it works
- Understand the key aviation policy issues and propose solutions
- Identify the political developments and decision makers that can influence the industry
- Know how to influence the aviation agenda and drive change that meets your country/organization’s objectives
- Benefits of aviation
- Current aviation policy issues
- Safety and security in the aviation industry
- Consumer protection
- Opportunities and challenges for aviation stakeholders
- Advocacy and communication skills
- The role of digital technology
- Group discussions
- Case study analysis
- In-class assignments
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Lawmakers, parliamentarians and decision makers
- Ministries, CAAs and other parastatals or regulatory authorities
- Airline CEOs and Senior Management
- Aviation industry professionals
- Professionals seeking to understand the key issues in the aviation industry
- Policy-makers, public affairs strategists Communications personnel
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.