Executive Aviation Policy – Emerge Stronger Together (Classroom, 2 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 74 participants from 8 countries have taken this course with IATA?
These are unprecedented times for the aviation industry, and it is important now more than ever to truly understand the industry as it is being reshaped while going through the COVID-19 crisis. This course will provide you with an overview on the key policies and issues facing the industry, and how to identify key decision-makers that influence or impact the industry. Over two days you will learn about key areas in the aviation industry and how to influence a national or organizational aviation agenda using tools, tips, case studies, and discussions with subject matter experts from the region. You will have the opportunity to ask questions, share concerns and acquire the skills needed to influence the aviation agenda and drive change that meets the needs of your organization. The course is tailored for your region, with region-specific case studies, examples and discussions.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALG-48
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have at least 3 years of experience in their area of expertise.
- Recommended level is Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the aviation industry and how it works
- Explain the key aviation policy issues and propose solutions
- Identify the political developments and decision makers that can influence the industry
- Explore different ways of influencing the aviation agenda and drive change that meets your organization’s agenda
- General overview of the aviation industry (safety, security, infrastructure)
- Current aviation policy issues while dealing with COVID-19
- Aviation Regulatory Issues (smarter regulation, consumer protection, taxation etc.)
- Regional focus – Single African Air Transport Market
- Opportunities and challenges for aviation stakeholders
- Advocacy and communication skills
- Self-study material
- Exercises, case studies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Ministries, CAAs and other parastatals or regulatory authorities
- Aviation CEOs and Senior Management
- Professionals seeking to understand the key issues in the aviation industry
- Policymakers, regulators, lawyers, public affairs strategists, communications personnel
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.