Human Factors for ATSEP (classroom)
About the course
2.5-day (29 hours) classroom course
This course covers all the topics of the Human Factors subject of the Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel (ATSEP) Qualification training. As prescribed by the 2017/373 European regulation, it is designed to impart knowledge and skills in a highly experiential and practical course with group activities, games and exercises.
The study of human factors is about understanding human behavior and performance. When applied to aviation operations, human factors knowledge is used to optimize the fit between people and the systems in which they work, to improve safety and performance. The training course will include exercises and cases specifically adapted to ATSEPs in ATC providers.
Course Code: TCVT-70
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form
or contact the Training Specialist
in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the factors which can affect personal and team performance
- Communicate effectively with different persons
- Explain how to detect and mitigate errors
- Identify reasons for loss of team effectiveness and actions to prevent it and prevent repetition
- Act to relieve or minimize stress in self and/or others
- Explain how to manage fatigue individually and at the organizational level
The content is based on the EASA “Annex XIII to ED Decision 2017/001/R”, which constitutes the Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC) to EU IR 2017/373 Part-PERS:
- Introduction to Human Factors
- Psychological factors
- Human error
- Organizational and social factors
- Teamwork and team roles
- Fatigue and stress management
- Indoor experiential, with group exercises, games, and practical activities
- Classroom lectures
- The course may include a final examination, if required by the customer
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Engineering staff
- Technical staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.