Human Trafficking Awareness Workshop (Classroom, 2 days)
The global air transport system plays a unique role in connecting businesses to markets, uniting family and friends, bringing people together and facilitating tourism and cultural exchange. In recent years, it has become evident that transnational criminal groups are exploiting this system to traffic women, men and children illegally around the globe.
With emerging regulations on trafficking, it is key for you, as aviation staff to understand how you can contribute to fighting this evil crime. Whilst the responsibility to detect, apprehend and prosecute offenders rests with national enforcement authorities, you can provide an important source of additional intelligence when you are able to spot signs of potential trafficking situations.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALG-49
- This workshop provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Summarize the global impact of human trafficking
- Explain the new regulatory environment associated with trafficking
- Describe the role of aviation in preventing possible cases of human trafficking
- Identify signs of potential trafficking situations
- Describe how you can assist enforcement authorities in reporting trafficking cases
- Use techniques to protect evidence and minimize safety risks (do not harm)
- What is human trafficking?
- Impact on world trade
- Regulations related to human trafficking
- Human trafficking - signs of suspicious behavior and documentation
- Know when, how and to whom to report suspicious activities
- Importance of victims’ protection
- Reporting protocols
- Case studies
- Role play
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aviation employees
- Ground staff
- Cabin staff
- Aviation trainers
- Airport operators
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: