Selling International Rail Transportation (partner-taught or self-study)
About the course
With new technology, passenger rail transportation offers comfort, speed, convenience and a rewarding travel experience. It is no wonder why more people travel by train. The Selling International Rail Transportation Course provides knowledge of global passenger rail products and teaches skills in arranging international rail journeys. You will understand how travel by train is not only a mode of transportation but can offer a niche travel experience as well.
Course code: TTTG-68
- This course is available in e-book format.
- This course requires approximately 20 hours of study to be completed in 6 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify the features of passenger rail transport and sell their benefits
- Recognize and describe common types of rail products
- Explain the characteristics of luxury, scenic, and long distance rail products
- Interpret and use rail timetables to establish international itineraries
- Describe the most popular rail passes and general conditions of carriage on rail tickets
- Benefits of passenger rail transportation
- Rail products: luxury and special tourist trains
- The rail timetable and planning the journey
- Features and amenities on the train
- Pricing and ticketing rail journeys and selling rail passes
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel and call center agents
- Tour operator agents
- Rail sales agents and rail passenger agents
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an IATA Certificate available for you to print for your records.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. The exam can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of questions: 75
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 1