IOSA Airline Auditor – Operational Control and Flight Dispatch (DSP) Discipline (Virtual Classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
Following the IOSA Airline Auditor Training, this course focuses on the IOSA discipline - Operational Control and Flight Dispatch (DSP), which ensures that you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to perform internal audits using the IOSA DSP checklist. You will learn how to interpret IOSA Standards and Recommended Practices (ISARPs) and find out about the challenges you may encounter when conducting internal assessments against DSP ISARPs.
Please note: This virtual classroom course is under refinement.
The final course content may be slightly different than displayed. IATA reserves the right to change the course content without notice. Please see our Terms and Conditions.
Course code: TALS-56-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants should have previous IOSA Program and airline auditing knowledge and experience
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
14 - 17 June, 2021
Register before 16 Mar, 2021 for a 20% discount
Please register by 31 May
All prices are before tax. Class no: 130510
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
1 - 2 November, 2021
Register before 03 Aug, 2021 for a 20% discount
Please register by 18 Oct
All prices are before tax. Class no: 130447
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Interpret and apply the IOSA DSP checklists in internal audits
- Distinguish the philosophy behind the development of IOSA Standards Manual (ISM) - Section 3 - DSP
- Identify key terms used in the IOSA Standards Manual (ISM) - Section 3 – DSP for the purpose of effectively applying ISARPS
- Summarize the certification, training and knowledge requirements of the various personnel functions that relate to Flight Dispatch
- Use auditor actions
- Historical perspective; ‘Compliance’ and ‘Conformance’
- Philosophy underlying IOSA Standards Manual (ISM) Section 3 - DSP
- New technical terms in the industry
- Operational control
- Problems encountered during line operations
- Prescriptive and performance-based compliance
- Flight Following, Monitoring and Watch
- Tools used in Flight Following
- IOSA Standards and Recommend Practices (ISARPs) analysis
- ISARPs’ requirements and interpretation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Operational Control and Flight Dispatch professionals
- Quality managers and analysts
- IOSA analysts and coordinators
- Airline internal auditors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: