Did you know that in the past 5 years, 32 participants from 11 countries have taken this course with IATA?
3-day (9 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Following the IOSA Airline Auditor Training, this course focuses on the IOSA discipline - Operational Control and Flight Dispatch (DSP), which ensures that you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to perform internal audits using the IOSA DSP checklist. You will learn how to interpret IOSA Standards and Recommended Practices (ISARPs) and find out about the challenges you may encounter when conducting internal assessments against DSP ISARPs.
Course code: TALS-56-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have previous IOSA Program and airline auditing knowledge and experience.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Interpret and apply the IOSA DSP checklists in internal audits
- Distinguish the philosophy behind the development of IOSA Standards Manual (ISM) - Section 3 - DSP
- Identify key terms used in the IOSA Standards Manual (ISM) - Section 3 – DSP for the purpose of effectively applying ISARPS
- Summarize the certification, training and knowledge requirements of the various personnel functions that relate to Flight Dispatch
- Use auditor actions
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Historical perspective; ‘Compliance’ and ‘Conformance’
- Philosophy underlying IOSA Standards Manual (ISM) Section 3 - DSP
- New technical terms in the industry
- Operational control
- Problems encountered during line operations
- Prescriptive and performance-based compliance
- Flight Following, Monitoring and Watch
- Tools used in Flight Following
- IOSA Standards and Recommend Practices (ISARPs) analysis
- ISARPs’ requirements and interpretation
This course is recommended for:
- Operational Control and Flight Dispatch professionals
- Quality managers and analysts
- IOSA analysts and coordinators
- Airline internal auditors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.