3-day (9 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
After completing the IOSA Airline Auditor course, this training focuses on the IOSA discipline - Aircraft
Engineering and Maintenance (MNT), which ensures you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to
perform internal audits using the IOSA MNT checklist. You will learn how to use the IOSA auditor actions,
understand quality assurance, auditing equipment requirements and interpret IOSA Standards and
Recommended Practices (ISARPs) and get to know challenges you may encounter when conducting internal
assessments against Aircraft Engineering and Maintenance ISARPs.
Course code: TALS-57-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 9 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 1 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- You should have previous IOSA
Program knowledge and have completed
IOSA Airline Auditor or any equivalent auditor training.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Identify the regulatory requirements that are the framework of the IOSA MNT section
Recognize Operator’s maintenance responsibilities and distinguish the relations and lines of responsibility between Air Operator Certificate (AOC) holders and Approved Maintenance Organizations (AMOs)
Describe MNT environment auditing challenges and best practices to perform MNT audits
Explain the rationale of the significant ISARPs in the IOSA MNT discipline and identify auditing tips/techniques
Demonstrate technical and soft skills to audit in MNT environment and distinguish best practices to be used for performing mandatory observations
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- MNT regulatory framework basis
- Operator’s Maintenance Responsibility and lines of responsibility between AOC holders and AMOs
- Auditing challenges and best practices in MNT environment
- Interpretation of MNT ISARPs and auditing tips
- How to perform MNT mandatory observations internally
- MNT Audit Simulation
This course is recommended for:
- Quality managers and airline auditors
- Nominated Persons for Continuing Airworthiness
- Engineering and maintenance managers
- Professionals in the engineering and maintenance environment.
- IOSA Internal Auditors
- Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) auditors and inspectors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.