Legal Compliance during COVID-19 (LIVE virtual classroom)
About the course
Gain up-to-date knowledge of the particularities, requirements and challenges faced by airlines operating to, from or within the European Union (EU) during the COVID-19 crisis. Acquire a sound understanding of the emergency rules adopted to minimise the impact of the Covid-19 crisis in the aviation sector, among others, slots regulation, passenger protection, travel package, competition matters and data protection.
Course code: TALL-23-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 15 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Navigate the challenges created by the Covid-19 crisis and understand the regulatory measures adopted by the EU
- Prepare for the restart of services to and from the EU
- Identify the Covid-19 related legal framework in the EU relevant to aviation and passengers
- Have a comparative understanding of the Covid-19 related legal measures adopted globally
- Regulation 261
- Data protection
- EU Competition Law
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Government Officials
- Representatives of international organizations
- Lawyers working in private practice, including law firms, insurance and the manufacturing industry
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.