Managing Across Cultures (classroom)
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 39 participants from 5 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
Polish your skills and understand cultural awareness and communication as a service provider.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TAPH-35
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Develop awareness of one's own cultural biases as they affect your behavior and that of others in organizations
Develop a model of culture that can be applied at several levels: national (primarily); corporate; industry/business; functional/professional
Understand the impact of culture on management practice: organizational structure and process; strategy; human resources management
Develop strategies for managing cultural differences as: international managers, multicultural teams, and global organizations
Provide guidelines on managing cultural issues in mergers and acquisitions
Customer service and effective communication skills
- Cultural awareness, culture and coping with cultural differences
Customer contact techniques
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Front line staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: