New Distribution Capability Readiness (Classroom)
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 129 participants from 9 countries have taken this course with IATA?
The New Distribution Capability (NDC) Program is a travel industry-supported program (NDC Program) launched by IATA for the development and market adoption of a new XML-based data transmission standard (NDC Standard). The NDC Standard will enhance the capability of communications between airlines and travel agents and will be open to any third party, intermediary, IT provider or non-IATA member, to implement and use.
The NDC Program will transform the way airline products and services are retailed to corporations, leisure, and business travelers and will facilitate product differentiation, time-to-market, access to full and rich travel content, and transparent shopping experience.
This course is designed for NDC Program and Product Owners within the airlines. It will take a step-by-step approach to show how your airline can assess business and technical NDC readiness. It will also show how an airline can create an NDC path or adoption strategy based on the various capabilities an airline may plan to use, based on their distribution strategy.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALG-22
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the NDC program and scope
- Understand the current state of NDC in the industry
- Understand the key terms and concepts of NDC
- Recognize how NDC may affect your distribution landscape
- Understand the prerequisites, tasks and activities required to setup an NDC program
- Have a basic understanding of NDC adoption strategies and options
- NDC program and industry status
- NDC offer and order management
- Key terminology and components of NDC
- NDC reference architecture
- NDC certification
- What it takes to create an NDC strategy and business case
- NDC readiness and sanity check
- NDC platform assessment
- NDC capabilities and business rollout strategies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline IT managers and NDC project managers
- Airline NDC stakeholders from various airline business units
- Airline strategy and business development managers
- IT solution providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: