PBN Airspace Design with focus on TMA, CDO’s, CCO’s (Classroom, 5 days)
Well-planned airspace designs need to take into account traffic sector loads, navigation capability of aircraft, surrounding terrain, man-made obstacles and any special use airspace. Airspace designers must also consider the optimum vertical profiles of aircraft that take the form of continuously climbing (CCO) or descending (CDO) operations. However, achieving optimal vertical profiles for both departing and arriving aircraft is challenging. Equally, Airspace Planners as well as Procedure Designers need to select the correct terminal and approach Navigation Specifications (Nav Specs), and be knowledgeable of area navigation, i.e. ARINC 424 path-terminators, and corresponding navigation sensors on board aircraft to enable use of the new procedures by majority of the aircraft operating within the TMA. Maximizing airspace efficiency and overall airport capacity should be the main strategic objectives of any TMA redesign projects.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TCVT-72
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should review the following documents prior to the course:
- Doc 9613 – PBN Manual (4th Edition)
- Doc 9992 – Manual on the use of PBN in Airspace Design
- Doc 9931 CDO Manual
- Doc 9993 CCO Manua
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
5 - 9 July, 2021
Register before 14 Jun, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 14 Jun
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132999
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply different PBN Navigation Specifications towards efficient airspace design
- Recognize general concepts of TMA airspace design
- Apply general concepts of CDOs and CCOs
- Design efficient TMA airspace
- Deconflict arrivals from departures
- Apply various types of STAR delaying techniques
- General PBN Overview including RNAV and RNP Navigation Specifications
- Area Navigation theory and corresponding area navigation systems / sensors
- RNP AR APCH and its main benefits over LNAV, LNAV / VNAV and LPV approaches
- TMA airspace design guidelines
- General concepts of CDO and CCO including fuel savings and noise reduction
- Planning CDOs and CCOs
- SID procedure design criteria and climb gradients
- STAR delaying techniques including “Merge Point”
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- ANSP Specialists responsible for airspace design, i.e. Airspace Planners
- ATC Managers / Supervisors
- Senior Air Traffic Controllers
- Procedure Designers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.