Performance-Based Navigation (PBN) Implementation Workshop (Classroom, 5 days)
Understand the implementation and operational approval activities required to make Performance-based Navigation (PBN) work.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TCVT-25
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of ICAO Doc 9750 Global Air Navigation Plan, ICAO Doc 9613 Performance-based Navigation Manual.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Incorporate the use of Performance-based Navigation, area navigation systems and GNSS in your daily work
Be conversant about PBN designated airspace, PBN designated ATS routes and approaches, Operational Approvals, NavSpecs, airworthiness certification type documents (FAA Orders, Advisory Circulars (ACs), EASA Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC), and Temporary Guidance Leaflets (TGL)
- Historical and technical aspects of PBN
- The concept of PBN
The PBN Manual
Basic theory of area navigation and area navigation systems, in particular GNSS
- Structure of navigation specifications (NavSpecs)
- Introduction to implementation
- Air Navigation Service Provider roles and responsibilities
Implementation checklist for ANSPs
- Introduction to operational approvals
- Evolution of operational approvals
Operational approval process
Step by step checklist
Avionics service letters
- NavSpecs and applicable AC, AMC and TGL documentation
- Review of AFM Statements
Regulator, CAA, POI responsibilities
Job aid for RNAV 1/RNP APCH approval process
- Review of foreign operators in country capabilities
Review of the country’s domestic air operators capabilities
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Civil Aviation Authorities
Airline managers and operational staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: