Perishable Cargo Logistics Management (Virtual Classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
This course is aimed at key personnel in the perishable air cargo logistics industry engaged in defining quality and risk management systems around the transport, handling and management of time and temperature sensitive perishable shipments.
Over 3 days you will learn how to use IATA’s Perishable Cargo Regulations (PCR), explore the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) methodology and learn how to use IATA’s CEIV (Center of Excellence for Independent Validators) fresh audit checklist and to implement it in your organization.
Course code: TCGT-13-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 24 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Air Cargo Procedures and Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe IATA’s Perishable Cargo Regulations (PCR) manual and applicable legislation
- Manage time and temperature sensitive perishables cargo
- Explain the importance of a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) based Perishable Cargo Safety Management System
- Implement a CEIV Fresh audit checklist
- How to use IATA’s PCR
- Government and airline regulations
- Shipper’s and airline’s responsibilities
- Documentation and labelling
- Perishable handling procedures
- Damage, claims and tracking
- HACCP-based perishable safety
- CEIV fresh audit checklist
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo quality management
- Warehouse and ramp operational management
- Airline, handler and freight forwarder
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.